Sunday, August 16, 2009

Have a little faith

This is a different entry, not the usual update on Emma or our boring lives, lol. Rather, this blog is something that will hopefully serve as a reminder for me later on. God has showed me so much lately...I'm blessed with a wonderful church and pastor and feel like I'm learning and growing constantly. One of the things I'm learning-again-is that my Savior will always take me of me. The verse running through my head these days is, "And my God will supply all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." I realize this is a big "DUH" especially for someone like me who has grown up in the church and heard it all my life, but it's a struggle. Time and again situations have come up in my life, mostly financial issues, where I panic and think that surely this time the situation is beyond God's control. And everytime He is faithful. Everytime our needs are met and situations resolved...usually in better ways than I would have hoped. This last crisis, me losing my teaching job, has been particularly difficult. It was hard to leave a job that I loved and looked forward to, not to mention the loss of income. I was so sure that this time nothing would work out, we'd have no money, lose our house, etc. Well, once again He provided in a better way than I could have planned. Close friends of ours called last week and asked if I would be willing to watch their daughter (who's the same age as Emma) while the mom is teaching. They are pulling her out of daycare just so that they can pay us that money instead. Now I will be able to continue being a stay-at-home mom and not have so much of a stress on our finances. I'm so grateful but also frustrated with myself wondering at what point I'll remember not to stress because God has it figured out anyway. I love that old hymn that says, "His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches over me." He has proved it over and over and over again. Through the great times in my life as well as the worst times, one theme continues to surface...
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Great post. It's so different "knowing" God from what you've seen in your parents lives and then you become an adult and it's amazing to see how personal and wonderful he is in "real life."