Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thank Heaven for my little girls!

So here goes another shameless brag about the two most beautiful, sweet little girls on the face of the earth :) I just wanted to update on what they're doing, milestones, etc.
Emma just had her 2 year checkup and continues her trend of being petite. She's 22 lbs., 33" tall,and perfectly healthy :) She has certainly become a true two year old in the last few months. After being such a good baby and toddler, I don't think I was quite prepared for the sudden change in her disposition. Whining, tantrums and her favorite word 'NO' are all regulars in our home! Lol. To be fair to her though, she is still very sweet, and loving. She has done very well transitioning to having a baby in the house, and she listens well...most the time ;)
Right now we're working on colors, more counting and ABC's. She knows the alphabet from Q-Z in order...the rest sounds like she keeps saying 'P'...can count to ten, (although her fav. part is 7, 8, 9, 10, and that's usually all she'll say!)and knows the Cookie Monster is blue, Elmo is red, and Abby is pink. She has really become a parrot and repeats everything she hears! She still loves to read, play outside, and is a Toy Story fanatic. She also enjoys Pooh, Elmo, 'Cindewewa' and Minnie Mouse. She also loves to sing. Her favorites are 'Winkle Winkle Little Star', 'Elmo's World', and 'The Wheels on the Bus'. Emma really is a blast, and I love being home with her and being part of everything she's doing and learning. Although this stage is challenging, it is also very rewarding. Especially when after tucking her in and walking out of her room, I hear her say 'I wuf you mommy'!
Alexa is 3 weeks old...already :( I want her to be my tiny little newborn forever!! She was 7 lbs. and 20" at her 2 week checkup...she only needed to regain her birthweight, but added an extra 15 oz. to that!! She is such a laid back, sweet baby, I am so thankful for her! She wakes up only once during the night (a couple times she didn't wake up at all!!) and mommy is very thankful. She rarely cries, and seems to have her days and nights straight. I don't want to be pessimistic, but sometimes I'm afraid she's too good and it won't last, lol.
I am very much enjoying having two babies. It feels like Lexi has always been here...the transition was incredibly smooth for all of us and I thank God for that. I am enjoying having two girls...especially the matching outfits, bows, etc. I am really & truly blessed!

No comments: