Life with two has really been great for the most part. There are days of course, where things get chaotic, but I have no room to complain. Both girls are good eaters, good sleepers, and pretty good natured. (Emma usually doesn't throw too many tantrums in one day, haha). We've been able to get out and about quite a bit thanks to my new favorite thing...my double stroller!

Emma keeps busy playing on the patio where she has quite the setup: a wading pool, water table, playhouse, toy car, chair, and shopping cart. It's wonderful because I can see her from my kitchen or family room & I can be in out of the heat. Most of the time. Sometimes I do sweat it out to be with her. I can't resist when she points to a chair and says "Mommy seat!"

Lexi is busy eating, sleeping, sleeping, eating, sleeping...you get the idea! And it shows! She was 9 1/2 lbs. at 6 weeks! Quite a change from the 5 lb., 10 oz. peanut we brought home from the hospital. See for yourself!

My main summer project was to get our garage cleaned up and organized. It had always at least been decent, but after we emptied the guest room to make Emma's new room, things got rather chaotic in a hurry. Factor in my pregnancy and the heat, and we had one disaster of a garage!


Since Mikey's former basketball/police room became Emma's pink princess room (hehe) I wanted to set up some shelves and display his stuff in the garage. We also organized everything and got rid of TONS. I hate 'stuff!' A big thank you to my wonderful in-laws for their much needed assistance!

I have also very much enjoyed having my mom here most weekends. It's nice to have an extra set of hands...especially on the nights Mikey is working...and of course I love her company. I am so thankful for my mom!

I have a couple other small projects to finish in the next few weeks, as well as keeping up with the regular chores, cooking and of course play dates. I'm thankful to not have to juggle full time teaching on top of all this! I am blessed.



2 comments:
Enjoyed "catching up" on things. Your garage looks great! I have a spare room that could use some work... :)
I hate to bring up this point as it probably won't be any easier for you than it is me, but in just a few more years, you WILL be back into that "back to school rush" only with Emma instead of yourself. :( (I am kinda' excited to be getting to go school supply shopping - we never had to when she was in pre-school)
I know! I'm realizing just how fast time flies...especially now with little ones. I know that she will be going to school before I know it! :((Although the back to school shopping part will be fun :))
Post a Comment