She's 2 1/2 today. Somehow that seems so much older than two. I love this age. I love that I can reason with her now. I love that we can talk and have conversations about Jesus and Elmo, Strawberry Shortcake and Woody, Tinker Bell and Mickey Mouse. She's so sweet and helpful. Tonight while I was putting Lexi to bed I heard something splashing in the bathroom. I was thinking 'great, wonder what mess she's making'. When I went to check, she had gone potty end emptied her little pot into the big toilet. Without spilling it! She adores her baby sister and has never acted jealous towards her. She potty trained in a day and has barely had any accidents at all. How many two year olds can live in a house covered in lights and decorations and NOT TOUCH them?! I can even light candles and she says 'too hot, Emma don't touch it'. I just adore her and the precious girl she is.
Something else that I love about her is that she loves to memorize parts of movies or TV shows and act them out. Sometimes I'll wonder where she comes up with something and then realize she's quoting something :) She memorizes my cd's, specifically Taylor Swift & Carrie Underwood, and sings along to them.
I love that she loves Jesus. Tonight I asked her who was bringing her prizes for Christmas (thinking she would say Santa...yes I teach my kid about Santa :)) and she said 'Jesus'. She loves to pray, and amazes me with her understanding of spiritual things.
And nights like tonight...weekend nights that my hubby is working...nights that could be long and lonely, she is there. My little buddy.
Thank you, Jesus, for the precious gift of Emma. These past two and a half years have been a blessing. I have learned so much from her. I can't wait to see how You use her to glorify You.



No comments:
Post a Comment