Tomorrow is two weeks since Emma was born. It doesn't seem possible that it has already been that long. What a joy it's been to have her! My mom was here for ten days after we brought Emma home and that was a huge blessing for us. I was pretty sore for a few days so it was nice to have her extra hands. She helped in every way possible, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, and assuring and reassuring us in caring for a newborn.
The adjustment to life with a baby has been really great so far. Yes, I get far less sleep, but I love holding that little body up against my own as I feed her-even at 3 am :) And really, she only feeds a couple of times in the middle of the night. Things could definitely be much harder. She's a good eater, we've had no trouble whatsoever breastfeeding. I call her Miss Piggy because she loves to eat!
Mikey also is a big blessing right now. He's very involved with Emma; he loves to hold her, talk to her, and change her diapers.
Life with this precious baby is a lot of work but also a lot of fun and we're both looking forward to all of the fun times ahead.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment