Monday, July 21, 2008

Wedding planning!

It's hard to believe, but this past weekend found me looking at wedding dresses, veils, tiaras, shoes, recpetion venues, cakes, and invitations all over again! Obviously not for me this time :) I've been there, done that and not doing it again! This was all for my baby sister who somehow isn't the fat, curly haired three year old she was yesterday.

She's all grown up and beautiful and will be a married woman in just a few months time. It's a really happy time for her and all of us, but it makes me a little sad at how fast time goes.

Our lives really are like a vapor. Here today, gone tomorrow. That's why I treasure every second with my beautiful daughter. I know that these days of cuddling her little body close will not last long. Before we know it it will be "down!" and she'll be running around on her own. I don't even want to think about her going to school and all that because I know it will seem like I blinked and there we are! I'm not trying to sound depressing cause I'm not at all depressed. Just understanding more and more with each passing year how much I need to savor every moment. Even the poopy and spit up ones :)

No comments: