Thursday, August 7, 2008

The relentless pursuit of perfection

I have a problem....I admit it. It's followed me my whole life from place to place and definitely runs in my family. I am an obsessive compulsive furniture rearranger and decorator. I can't stop. Really! I started doing this as a very young kid in my bedroom at home. My poor dad was dragged into rearranging my room at home more times than any of us could ever count. The furniture was placed in every possible position that it would fit in. My grandma, who even in her eighties, is always painting and rearranging, no doubt contributed to the problem by buying me several different comforter and curtain sets through the years. I carried my problem to college where my roommates and I took great joy in maneuvering furniture into all kinds of positions. Now I'm all grown up (supposedly) and married and I continue to find myself relentlessly trying to make everything "better". My home improvement "to do" list is miles long and I continuously add to it because it can never be "done." It can always be better. Anyway. All of this to say that I have rearranged yet again since I posted the slide show and I'm adding updated pictures :)





Thankfully next week I will be arranging and decorating my classroom and will leave my poor house alone :)

No comments: