Monday, November 9, 2009

The big news of the month!

We're expecting a new addition to our family sometime around July 10, 2010. We are SO excited!! We were hoping to have another one shortly after Emma's second birthday (June 3) so the timing is just perfect! We are so blessed and excited to go through this amazing process again! I think I'm even more excited this time around because I know what to expect...and I know all the wonderful things to look forward to! We also found out this weekend that close friends of ours are expecting a baby just days after ours, so that makes things even more exciting! AND, lol, another good friend is due just a couple months before us. It will be so fun to share this experience! (We're all on baby #2!)
I actually found out really early on that I was pregnant. The line was so light on the test (cause it was EARLY...I still can't believe the test even picked it up) that I ended up taking a digital to make sure. After I took the test I told Mikey that I thought Emma was going to be a big sister. The smile he got on his face is something I won't soon forget. My sister and I went to the mall that day and got Emma a t-shirt that says "Big sisters are the coolest".
We dressed her in it that night when we went to dinner at Mikey's parents house, and it was so fun to see his parents reaction to Emma's little message. I also took her down to my mom's office in the same shirt and shared the news with my mom that way. Such fun times and wonderful memories! Emma also wore her shirt to church yesterday to let our church family know.

2 comments:

Paul & Meli said...

That was such a fun day!!!! I'm glad you included me in on it :) I'll never forget it!

Anonymous said...

That was such a unique way to announce another one is on the way. Love it. I enjoy reading your blog. Very nice. Laura