I was on an internet strike during my one month of horrible morning sickness. Even the thought of getting online made me want to puke :) I can't complain though...one month of sickness this time around as opposed to 4 months last time! And I'm now feeling just fine...most of the time. I have issues with trash cans, lol. Needless to say, ours are getting emptied more frequently than ever before. Haha.
So my last blog was November...yikes a lot has changed since then!
I received a phone call at the beginning of December from the school where my hubby graduated. They were looking for a first grade teacher from January-May to fill in for the current teacher who was unexpectedly moving. I wasn't really looking to go back to work, and in this economy, was shocked to even have an offer. After much prayer and consideration, Mikey and I decided that I would take the job. For many reasons. First, it seemed as if everything was falling into place and that this was God's doing. Second, it was only a 5 month commitment...five months to put some extra money away before baby #2 arrives sometimes this July. And thirdly, selfishly, I love to teach. And I figured this would be my last hurrah since I will soon be home all day with two babies! My sister is keeping Emma while I work, and of course Em loves being with her 'Mel Mel'. Melissa comes to get Emma in the morning so I don't have to wake her up so early. It makes it easy to work having this kind of arrangement.
Having the extra money is a blessing now too, since I have TWO princess rooms to plan! Yes, baby #2 is another sweet little girl, and I'm SO excited that Emma will grow up with a sister/best friend. My childhood would've never been half so fun without Melissa and all the crazy things we did! Anyway, now I'm making plans to move Emma across the hall into her 'big girl room'. That room needs cleaned out(Mikey's basketball decor is moving to the garage, lol) painted, and furniture needs to be set up. And because I like to make things more difficult, I am completely redoing the nursery for the new baby. I will even be painting half of the walls...again...rearranging and redecorating. Of course there will be plenty of pictures to come!
We are also adding a new screened patio to the back of our house...this is a HUGE blessing with the new baby on the way...we've been wanting to put one in since we bought this home 2 1/2 years ago. Well, our patience paid off and thanks to Uncle Sam and our tax refund, we are beginning that process!
Life is good...busy... but good!
Monday, February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment