Sunday, February 20, 2011

Life as we know it

My sweet girls are fast approaching their THIRD and FIRST birthdays! I can't believe how quickly they are growing up! I am enjoying them so much.
My days are pretty hectic right now...We're up usually between 8-9 (yes I know, I am blessed with GOOD sleepers!) then it's feeding them both, dressing them, cleaning up from breakfast, errands, laundry, cleaning, playing, fixing lunch, naps, playing, cooking, dinner, cleaning, baths, jammies, bottles, bed times stories,and then (sigh of relief) bed :) It's busy, but I love it. There's nothing I'd rather be doing!
I was reading back through old blogs about Emma and realizing that I'm not keeping up with updates about sweet little Lexi like I should. She is 8 months old now and SO, SO sweet!! She loves to be held and cuddled. She puts her pudgy little hands around my neck and holds on...I love it. She laughs out loud on the swing. She loves her bath so much she cries when I take her out. She adores Emma and they play very well together.
As far as milestones...Lexi is very different already than Emma. Emma raced from one thing to the next hitting all her milestones early, and Lexi is in no rush :) Not sure if it has to do with her being a premie, or just her laid back personality, but mobility is of no concern to Lexi :) She can sit completely on her own and loves to do so with a few toys around her, but has no motivation to try to crawl or anything! I'm still trying to get her to say 'dada' or 'mama', but no luck yet. I keep reassuring myself she is fine, but I'm a mommy...of course I worry.
She can put her own paci in, feed herself cheerios, and is starting to hold her bottle. She laughs a lot, screams a lot (happy screaming :)) and she is in love with her daddy :) That pretty much sums up Lexi girl these days.
Emma is fast approaching 3, and things with her seem to be settling down for the most part. She is eating better, staying in her bed better (most days) and learning to accept 'no' without throwing a tantrum every time she hears it. She still loves Toy Story as well as Strawberry Shortcake, Tinker Bell, and Mickey Mouse. She sings all the time and memorizes whatever cd's are in the car's cd player. She quotes stuff from movies all the time...it's quite funny. She loves the park and playing with her friends. She started Puggles in the fall (the 2 year old AWANA program) and has really grown to love it. She is starting to get over the separation anxiety...thank God :)
So that's what we are up to these days. I'm really trying to enjoy each day...even the frustrating ones with cranky kids...because I know that they will be gone before I know it. It's a bit sad how quickly they grow and change, but I enjoy each new stage.
I am so blessed to be mommy to these two princesses :)


No comments: