Thursday, March 10, 2011

Springtime Happenings...

Well, I was planning to start by talking about how it's now springtime in Florida. After weeks of warm, sunny weather, I figured it was safe to assume. Wrong! Today is dark and rainy and chilly with cold temps forcast for tonight. Oh well!
We have a new addition here at our home...a new swingset!! It has been quite the hit! We spend hours each day outside swinging, playing on the slide and hanging out in the little fort. All while soaking up warm temps, cool breezes, sunshine and blue skies (other than today :)) Here are the girls enjoying their new 'toy':





This month, my sister and her hubby also added a new addition...my sweet niece Kylie Michelle!! She was born March 1st, and is a sweet, easy going baby. Emma enjoyed getting to meet her at the hospital:

I took Alexa to the dr. this morning...she has had a cough that keeps coming and going for months now. She was seen a couple times, given breathing treatments and sent home. I guess I should've kept taking her back, but I didn't until today. They again gave her breathing treatments, however, this time we also left with a prescription to continue the nebulizer treatments at home. Three times a day!!! And life gets crazier....:) The dr. said that the wheezing and 'retractions' when she breathes are asthma and will be something we have to treat for awhile. My poor baby. She slowed down on her weight gain, only weighing in at 16 lbs., 9oz. She's now only in the 10th percentile...petite like her big sister before her! :)
Midnight shifts continue for our hardworking man though we are still praying and hoping for a change. I continue to focus on being thankful for my hubby's job...it's a great one...and not be down and out about his schedule, but I do have my days. Being alone 4 nights in a row after being home with two young kids all day is challenging to say the least. Thankfully I am blessed with the best friends a girl could ask for!! Friends who open up their homes to me and my girls all the time...even though I can rarely have anyone over here since Mikey sleeps in the day time. Friends who I can call and talk to about anything, anytime. Friends who come over and hang out with me helping to shorten lonely evenings. Friends who bring me leftovers of their dinner just because. Friendship truly makes life a whole lot sweeter!! And I am blessed with the best of the best.

No comments: