Friday, October 14, 2011

The lazy days of summer

are behind us. We really enjoyed a fun, relaxing summer spending plenty of time with family and friends. One of the highlights was the trip we took with 2 other couples (no kids!) to Mikey's parents vacation home. We laughed ourselves silly that weekend. It was nice to be carefree and just act like the kids we all are at heart :). Unfortunately we were so busy laughing and having fun that I didn't take a single picture!
Of course summer also means birthdays in our home :) All 3 of us girls are summer babies. Emma and Alexa in June and me late July. This year was Lexi's first, so of course, we did a big party...Minnie Mouse style...for her.


And a smaller, family only party for Emma's third.
We had a relaxing, low key day to celebrate my 28th bday (I'm not sure how I'm possibly 28 already?!)

And now we're into my most favorite season! I love fall...I love the decorations, the pumpkins, football, the anticipation of the approaching holidays, the shorter days...just...everything :) Mikey is working his 'early' midnight shift (3pm-3am), and we've actually decided to not worry about trying to get him on days...at least not now. We're used to his schedule and it's working for us. I'm used to making our dinner at noon on the days he works, and we enjoy being on the 'late' schedule...being able to stay up later and sleep later. I realized if Mikey started getting up at 5:30 am to get ready for work the girls might start waking up at that time too. And that, my friends, is not gonna happen in this house! Mommy does not like mornings. Especially not before 8 am ;)
My life pretty much revolves around my family, my home, and my church. I'm directing the Cubbies (3-4 year olds) on Wed. nights, singing in choir, helping in nursery, and of course attending services at church. Mikey plays in the men's flag football league there, so most Saturday mornings find the girls and I at church watching him.

No comments: