Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Reunions...Cubbies...and the most beautiful flower girl!

It's hard for me to believe, but this past June marked ten years since I graduated from high school! It some way it feels even longer than that. After all, I have done a lot of 'living' in those ten years! On the other hand, sometimes it feels like yesterday that I was doing homework, hanging out with friends and cheering. Mikey and I went down to my 'reunion' in August which was really just a small get together over dinner. It was nice to catch up with people I hadn't seen or talked to in a decade!
In September, one of my best friends, Kristin, tied the knot with the love of her life, Tommy. I was thrilled to be a part of her wonderful wedding...and even more excited that Emma got to be part as well! She was such a sweet little flower girl! I still can't believe she walked all the way down the aisle...it was a long, tiring day for her, but I thought overall she did great. And of course she was the most beautiful princess in the world!
September also brought the return of AWANA to our church. I had been helping out with Cubbies (the 3 year olds) since Mikey and I got married. This year though, I took on the role of directing this group. I have to say...I LOVE it. Every bit of it! It gives me the opportunity to get my fill of 'teaching' each week...plus I got to do some decorating in the room. Best of all is how responsive the kids are...and how much they can really learn at that age. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to be in the same group as Emma, but is has been great. I love that I can see her learning about the Bible...and learning to love Jesus.

1 comment:

PaulsWifey09 said...

10 year reunion...wow you are OLD!!!!!! LOL j/k love you! :)