Wednesday, September 12, 2012

And we're off!

The fall season is back! If you read through the last several years I've been blogging I'm sure every September I have a long list of reasons why I love this time of year. It's my favorite :)
This fall is a busy season for us, but also a very enjoyable one. On Monday mornings we start off with Alexa's speech therapy. She has struggled with speech, but after a couple sessions she is already making huge progress. I think a few months of this and she will be ready to go. On Tuesdays Emma has gymnastics in the afternoon. Wednesday mornings we joined a Bible Study at a nearby church. It's for all churches in the area...any lady who wants to attend. The girls go to their own classes and have a study of their own, while I am in my class. We are really enjoying this new addition to our schedule! I'm still directing the 3-4 year old program on Wed nights at church, so Wed is a busy day for us. Thursday brings choir practice in the evening, and Friday is usually a playdate day. Now all that is well spaced out and probably doesn't sound bad, but factor in trying to get in about 2 hours worth of preschool time with Emma, as well as the cooking, cleaning and laundry that keep piling up, and I would say our days are full! In a good way though...it's just the right balance of being busy but still having down time.
Emma has impressed me so much since I've been really working with her the last couple weeks. I was concerned that she didn't have the cutting skills necessary for kindergarten, or that she'd be behind all the other kids who've been in school for years before k5. I shouldn't have worried! She can cut out any shape, nice straight lines, color in the lines. She is writing her name, and learning a lot in phonics. She is such a joy to teach. I know she will love school next year.
Here she is making playdough one morning:

And her new haircut (first time we cut it short!)

Here are both of my sweeties :) They are getting so big!

And here is one of Lexi and I on a recent playdate:

No comments: