Emma and I are home from our last minute, much needed, much enjoyed weekend in Brandford. It was a last minute trip that I'm so glad we went on! I got home from school Friday happy to be off for the next five days...I needed to catch up on some sleep! Mikey's parents called that evening to see if I wanted to head up to their vacation home in Branford Saturday-Tuesday. That sounded much more relaxing than the list of chores I had to do at home, so I jumped into action to get Emma and myself ready to go (Mikey was going to be working those nights so he stayed home with the other children...Lucy & Yoshi) We left Saturday morning and spent the next few days watching movies, shopping, eating at yummy restaurants and playing Yahtzee. It was very relaxing and I came home more than ready to face the laundry, cleaning and lesson plans that awaited me. I'm also ready and excited to head back to school Thursday and Friday (part time is the best of both worlds, I LOVE it!!)
Emma update....it seems impossible, but she changes with each passing day!! She's so good natured and happy. She literally never cries, and smiles and laughes all day. She's really putting on weight and getting cute and a little chubby. She's "talking/yelling" at her toys, and also "talks" to anyone that will sit and chat with her. I'm planning to buy a video camera this weekend so we will capture all these moments and post them on here. She's also ALMOST outgrown two of her newborn outfits and I washed all her 0-3 month clothes today because she will be in them in the next couple weeks (I hope!) She's such a cute little peanut and I love having her. Girls are the best! :)
Pics from the trip...





This last one you have to view larger to appreciate it..."Uncle" Hal was making faces and Emma was trying to copy...she looks like a wild woman in this one :)
2 comments:
It IS the best of both worlds. I'm having so much fun teaching that a small part of me wishes I was there every day but then there is this little person waiting for me that runs up to me and says, "Yook! It's Mommy! Hi Mommy!" and I'm glad I have the extra time with her!
By the way, I was excited to see the new post and updated pictures of your little one.
Post a Comment