Wednesday, May 16, 2012

summer's coming

Mikey was released back to full duty at the beginning of this month! We are happy for him to be back doing what he loves, but hoping his poor body adjusts back to midnight shift sooner than later. It is no easy task to go from nights to days back to nights! Poor guy. He is certainly enjoying the thrills of being back on patrol, however. The girls and I are gearing up for the lazy days of summer. AWANA just ended at church for the year, and choir is wrapping up. That makes my weeks much more open. I love summer time. I'm especially excited this year for the summer olympics! I am a HUGE gymnastics fan...borderline obsessed, so I cannot wait for that! I will also be closely following swimming, diving, track, and basketball. I'm hoping to make a couple trips this summer as well, and although they will probably just be short trips to the northern part of our state, I'll take what I can get. I love to travel. Plenty of pool days will probably round out the rest of our summer plans :) And just about the time I get tired of the lazy life style, fall will be upon us again, with all of the activities that I am involved in. Life is good :) It's so hard for me to believe we are less than a month away from the girls' birthdays again! Emma is turning 4 and this will be her last year at home before kindergarten. Where does time go? Everyone says to enjoy it because it goes fast. Well, I have enjoyed it. But that didn't make it slow down any! Lexi will be 2. Try as I did to make her stay a baby, she grew up even faster than Emma did. I just love babies and the baby stage, that first year doesn't last long enough for me! Well, I do have a camera with pictures on it that I would love to share, but said camera is not working when I hook it up to the computer. So until I figure out what the problem is with that, this will be one boring blog.

No comments: